Getting everyone back together safely
7 July 2020
As some of the government restrictions around the COVID-19 pandemic begin to be relaxed, we’re starting to plan for how we’ll be able to return to face-to-face Scouts activities in the future.
We’re all looking forward to returning to being able to return, so I wanted to provide an update on how we’re approaching a re-start. Our restarting plans will follow all government rules and guidance from Scouts’ UKHQ. Our priority is to keep young people and adults safe.
An outline of how we will operate, following Scouts’ ‘COVID Code’:
- New control measures will be in place for all activities
- Additional hygiene measures will be put in place
- Social distancing will be observed
- Group sizes will be limited
- Adjustments will be made for young people vulnerable or affected by COVID
Returning to Scouts will happen in phases and as each section and group are ready. The first phase of returning will let us resume outdoor activities in small groups. Returning to face-to-face Scouts is voluntary for all young people, parents/carers and volunteers.
Each group across the district will share their plans as they are ready.Return to News